File transfer from Linux servers to another Linux server via BigFix

Hi Team,

I want to transfer the Text File from Multiple RHEL servers to a single RHEL Server.
Is it possible through BigFix?If so could you please tell me?

Thanks

It’s certainly possible, yes, but we may need more details to make some recommendations.

That said, given that this is something that can be easily achieved via the shell, it can be automated at scale with BigFix.

Hi Aram,

Let us assume a file named “PreHealthcheck.txt” is there on all RHEL servers.
We want the file “PreHealthcheck.txt” from all the RHEL Servers to be transferred to a different server.
After transferring we do have a analysis to fetch the required fields.

Thanks,
Riyaz

In this case, bigfix would be running a script as root so the first step is, how would you do this with a bash script? Once you’ve got that figured out you can then use bigfix to “automate” that script.

Alternatively you could just use an analysis to read that file from the corresponding systems

I am not sure how to transfer a file from all servers to a single server whether using Bash or upload manager or etc.

So ,asking for help if it’s through crawler can you help me with the script?

So the issue is “how do I copy files to a server?”

Is it a fileserver (nfs mount)? SCP? FTP? WebDAV?

Also, I just want to ensure that I’m properly understanding the requirements. Based on the above, if you’re going to be leveraging an analysis to fetch the required fields, why do you have to first transfer the files from multiple sources to one? Can we not simply create an analysis to return the fields of interest from the endpoints in question? Or can we not upload the files to the Root Server? (I’m trying to understand why the files have to be uploaded to a specific RHEL server).

Is this going to be a one-time action, or a recurring action? If recurring, how frequently will you need the files transferred?

We want the files for every quarter patching.
Shell script was developed by Linux team for giving few checks from the Linux machine so i want deploy the same script on the servers.

I am going to echo what @Aram, @strawgate and @JasonWalker said…

If the script is currently in place that outputs this information to the file (PreHealthcheck.txt) on the endpoint, your best bet is to leave the file in place and create an analysis to return the fields of interest. This will require less resources for parsing and reporting on the returned data.