Faield to deploy patch for RHEL, error"Protocol RedHatProtocol not supported or disabled in libcurl"

Hi,

I tried to deploy a patch by run a fixlet to RHEL, and got the error when Bigfix downloading .rpm packages. Could anyone help to take a look at it? Many thanks.

Error:"HTTP Error 1: Unsupported protocol: Protocol RedHatProtocol not supported or disabled in libcurl"
Target: RHEL 5
Server: Bigfix 9.2.5, Windows 2008 R2

You may need to run something to set up the RedHatProtocol first.

Have you ever patched Red Hat with BigFix? There are some configuration steps required for the Red Hat download plug-in, including registering a username and password with Red Hat Network and applying those credentials to the plug-in configuration.

1 Like

edit I just earned “hot link” on this. So you know, the information I intended at the time is outdated, as BigFix switched to using the RHSMDownloadProtocal (Red Hat System Manager) in December 2016.

–
Overview is at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Patch%20Management%20for%20Red%20Hat

1 Like

Hi Jason,

Thanks very much for your advice. I followed the Overview as below, while I can’t find the Task 20# in step 3#. I also tried to search the task by the name, but I got nothing. Could you please do me a favor to take a look at it? Thanks.

Implementing the patching solution using the "Endpoint Dependency Resolution" method

The

Endpoint Dependency Resolution method is the current way of deploying
Red Hat patches with dependency resolution for RHEL 5 and RHEL 6
endpoints. Needed dependencies are calculated “on the fly” on the endpoint during the patching process.

Implementation Steps:

1. Subscribe to the required content sites

2. Activate the required analyses

3. Register the download cacher plugin:

Task # 20 - BES Relay/Server: Register Download Plug-in for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Linux RPM Patching site)

4. Deploy preference lists (this is optional):

Dashboards > "Endpoint Dependency Resolution - Preference Lists"

5. Take action to deploy the patches.

Now I can’t find it either :frowning:

Team,

I am also getting the same error .
Anyone found the issue.

The Red Hat downloads now use Red Hat Subscription Manager and the RHSMProtocol plug-in.

See Patches for RHEL: RHSM Download Plug-in and RHSM Download Cacher updated for details.

Hi jason,

It seems the RHEL patches is getting downloaded but every patch will failed at

exit code = 0 The action gets failed with exit code 1

I am also a problem, have not found how to download the plug-in?

The download plugin is located in the Manage Download Plugins dashboard of the Patching Support site.

@zevanty
Thanks for your reply, but no.
Server: Bigfix 9.2.5, Windows 2008 R2 and Server: Bigfix 9.5.4, Windows 2012 R2,
Could not find Manage Download Plugins dashboard of the Patching Support site.

You’ll have to be more specific. Did you have Patching Support site subscribed? Has it gathered properly? The Manage Download Plugins dashboard is definitely in there.

sorry,i’m wrong
I’ve been looking for patches for rhel6 native tools site.
I’ve been using the Windows patch management, and I haven’t started patching support site, and now I’m going to start.

Thank you very much