Export to CSV without additional formating

(imported topic written by Branden_Wood91)

I am attempting to take a dat file from the C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsData\ArchiveData\LastRunReports folder and output a CSV file so that it may be imported into third party tools. So I need to get rid of the header information such as (Test Report

Name: ,“Test”,

Sitename: ,“ActionSite (sql)”,

Database: ,“sql”,

Issuer: ,“woodb”,

Time Issued: ,2007-08-16 20:02:46,

View Description)

and even the

(9 computers found. Displaying all results)

In my first attempt, I used the following action script:

delete __createfile

createfile until end

{(line 11 of file “C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsData\ArchiveData\LastRunReports\1.dat” as string)}

{(substrings separated by “;;;;” of following texts of first “Displaying all results),” of concatenation “;;;;” of lines of file “C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsData\ArchiveData\LastRunReports\1.dat” as string)}

end

delete “C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsData\ArchiveData\LastRunReports\export.csv”

copy __createfile “C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsData\ArchiveData\LastRunReports\export.csv”

Any ideas?

Branden

(imported comment written by jessewk)

I would just schedule the report and set it to run through a custom executable after generation. You can do that on the scheduled reports page. A simple perl script is probably your best bet.

-Jesse

(imported comment written by BenKus)

For this type of thing, you might consider using the tool here:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=3564

Ben