Exigence ! errors of updating license

(imported topic written by yangshikang)

Now I can’t take any action after replacing the license (the old license is expired)

prompting :

1 unable to connect to socket during POST operation

2 unable to proceed because another user is currently propagating this site

I did not stop some policy action before replacing the license Does it matter?

(imported comment written by sthull)

What steps did you take to update your license? Did you do anything else at that time, like migrate your server to a new system or upgrade? You can try restarting your BES Root Server service, since it seems you are unable to establish a connection with it, but you should probably open a support ticket to investigate further.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

1 unable to connect to socket during POST operation

• This indicates an inability of the BES Console to reach the BES Root Server service. Since your BES Console is running I can assume it was able to reach the database. If you have a remote database setup, its possible that there is a network problem, like incorrect dns resolution, that would allow the console to reach the database but not the root server. If its not a remote database, it might indicate a problem with the root server since your console can reach the database which is on the same box as the root server. A support call is going to be the way to go if its a problem with the root server.

2 unable to proceed because another user is currently propagating this site

If you are a master operator, you can’t take an action at the same time as another master operator. You should just need to wait a minute and then try again. If you were the only one taking an action, this message would indicate that a previous attempt to take an action failed unexpectedly and left a lock on the propagation system. This lock will free after 10 minutes (I think) and you can retry at that point.

I normally see these errors in combination when you have too many BES Clients reporting directly to the main BES Server and basically the OS isn’t able to keep enough open TCP connections to service all the requests. Your console makes a few TCP connections in the propagation process and if your server refusing connections you might see errors 1 and 2 because of it. You’ll see error #2 because the console will start the propagation process and acquire a lock but fail later when the server denies its tcp request. If this is the case, you can solve the problem by adding more BES Relays to your deployment and distributing the BES Client load off of the server. Usually you can just keep re-trying and eventually get an action to propagate.

(imported comment written by yangshikang)

Tyler Duni

I normally see these errors in combination when you have too many BES Clients reporting directly to the main BES Server and basically the OS isn’t able to keep enough open TCP connections to service all the requests

Maybe this is the sticking point

I did not stop some policy action before replacing the license Does it matter?

sthull

What steps did you take to update your license? Did you do anything else at that time, like migrate your server to a new system or upgrade? You can try restarting your BES Root Server service, since it seems you are unable to establish a connection with it, but you should probably open a support ticket to investigate further…

I did not do anything before replacing the license .

Now I am sure this error appear before my replacing the license

Tyler Duni

If this is the case, you can solve the problem by adding more BES Relays to your deployment and distributing the BES Client load off of the server. Usually you can just keep re-trying and eventually get an action to propagate.

There are 15relays and 1 top-ralay in my company,but I can not take the action “relay auto select”

Hi Tyler Duni

Thanks for your advice

It’s resolved !

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Woohoo!