Evaluation time issues

New to BigFix and my company inherited an environment setup by someone else. I’ve been working with support for a few months now to determine the cause of servers taking several days to check in, evaluate and download patches. So far we’ve stood up a new root server, migrated the environment and stood up new relays. This has helped a bit but doesn’t seem to be the main cause of our issues. I’ve worked with our network team as well an made sure that communication between all devices are functioning properly on port 52311 as suggested by support. The latest and what brings me to this forum is that BigFix support has gone through logs and believes that they’ve located the issue with a custom site, below is the response from them. They apparently don’t touch anything to do with custom sites and won’t even tell me where to look to find these settings. I’ve looked through the properties of the site and tasks associated with the site but don’t see this value anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Eric,
Thanks for uploading the debug data, I have reviewed the logs you sent in, and I believe I may have found the culprit.

CustomSite_Archived_EL_BigFix_tasks.38647:Evaluate Property 1
CustomSite_Archived_EL_BigFix_tasks.38649:Evaluate Property 1
CustomSite_Archived_EL_BigFix_tasks.38647:Evaluate Property 1

These stand out in the logs, and I can see the evaluation time, takes a long time . External sites typically take a longer time and it would be normal to be above 100 milliseconds
However, if it is higher than 500 and it is custom, then that’s the time indicating its problematic
I can see this is a customer site from this : "CustomSite_Archived_EL_BigFix_tasks"
I can also see its an analysis. based on “Evaluate Property 1”

The name of the analyses will not be shown but the IDs are:

Your Property 1 is taking a lot of time to evaluate. you can review the logs yourself and see this, it will show a large difference between the normal evaluation time of other contents.
The way to fix it is either, you try to change it so it will not take a long time to evaluate, or remove it. Unfortunately w cannot help in changing it because this is your content and we do not support custom contents.
When you try to evaluate those contents, and is taking up a lot of time, then there will also be delays in evaluating other contents especially the actions that need to be evaluated.
Hopefully this help explain what the logs are showing us.

1 Like

If you go to the custom site that is named and look at the analyses section, you can make sure the ID it shown in your console (right click on the title bar and make sure ID is turned on) then you can find the property numbered 38647 etc. Then look into that Analysis and the first property is property 1 and it will point you at what the logs are complaining about.

Does that help?