Error Code 1 when trying to create a SCAP report

(imported topic written by mgardner28)

I have to create a SCAP report monthly using the USGCB Windows 7 checklist. When I created the report last month everything worked fine. Today when I try to create the report I get a message that says "Creation of report failed. There was a problem creating the report. Error Code 1. I have also attached the image that shows the entire console display.

I have tried to run this from a workstation as well as from the root server with the same result. I have also tried other checklists as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

(imported comment written by CraigPovey)

Hi Mark,

I’ve verified the error you’re seeing, and it looks like this may be a regression introduced with our latest TEM SCA patch, released late last week. I’m investigating the cause of this error and will let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Craig Povey

Software Engineer, TEMA/SCM team

(imported comment written by Shivani_S)

Craig’s made the fix, and it’s now in SCM Reporting v71

(imported comment written by mgardner28)

I have not applied last weeks fix. Here is a list of the versions I am currently running:

Tivoli Endpoint Manager Analytics | 1.4.29

Tivoli Endpoint Manager Client | 8.2.1409.0

Tivoli Endpoint Manager Console | 8.2.1409.0

Tivoli Endpoint Manager Installation Generator | 8.2.1409.0

Tivoli Endpoint Manager Server | 8.2.1409.0

My server is on a virtual. Should I take a snapshot and try to install the patch?

Thanks,

Mark

(imported comment written by mgardner28)

I understand what you mean now. I did a gather on SCM Reporting and the site updated to 71. This did fix the problem.

Thanks,

Mark