Endpoints showing 'not relevant' when ran on upgrade fixlet

HI All, I am in process of upgrading windows client to BES endpoint version 9.5.11, the servers which have 9.5.10.79 shows the upgrade fixlet to be as ‘Not Relevant’, is there something which needs to be done here as i want all the servers to be at 9.5.11 version of BES client? Thank you

Are your Root Server and Relays running 9.5.11 or higher?

Check each Relevance clause in the Fixlet Debugger and see which clause is returning ‘false’.

HI Jason,

We are at 9.5.10 and the upgrade all is failing on the relays with verison 9.5.10.79 with the below relevance evaluating to ‘false’:

Q: (not exists relay service) OR (“9.5.11” <= (if (version of client >= “8.0”) then (version of relay service) else (version of file ((if (character 0 of it = “%22”) then (substring between “%22” of it) else it) of image path of relay service))))
A: False
T: 1.121 ms

Hmm.

What does this return in the debugger?

(if (version of client >= “8.0”) then (version of relay service) else (version of file ((if (character 0 of it = “%22”) then (substring between “%22” of it) else it) of image path of relay service)))

1 Like

Q:(if (version of client >= “8.0”) then (version of relay service) else (version of file ((if (character 0 of it = “%22”) then (substring between “%22” of it) else it) of image path of relay service)))
I: Current Selection Evaluation
A: 9.5.10.79
T: 214.768 ms

Would there be something i should be doing?

Is this relevance from “Client Upgrade” fixlet or “Relay Upgrade” fixlet?

The supported configuration is

Server version >= Relay version >= client version

Your server is at a level lower than 9.5.11. The client running 9.5.11 will almost certainly work against a server running 9.5.10, but it isn’t supported, therefore the provided fixlets are not relevant.

1 Like

The client upgrade fixlet intentionally doesn’t upgrade the clients on Relays as the Relay/Client set is a pair. If you want to upgrade the Relay’s client then you should upgrade the relay as that client is upgraded in that path.