ENDED | Ohio Valley BUG Reboot | Friday, August 18, 2023

@cmcannady, What about “Blue Ash Chili”? It’s just down the road :smiley:
I bet you could take on the No Freakin Way challenge :wink:

4 Likes

That is crazy. :slight_smile:

So to those NOT from the greater Cincinnati area… DO NOT BELIEVE the locals when they call their “meat sauce” as “chili” Having been raised in Dallas, Texas and then spending time in Georgia and other southern states… what they call “chili” in Cincinnati is just an abomination!!! :nauseated_face::weary::face_vomiting::clown_face:

1 Like

Checking in from SoCal, where fish tacos are just “food”, the skeeziest places are the best eating, and there’s no reason to EVER patronize Chipotle.

1. Regional delicacies are wonderful! They’re regional for reasons, gong back decades if not centuries, reflecting social and demographic histories.
  2. Never let a Texan tell you their way of preparing meat is the only way.
1 Like

LMAO… so I wasn’t born in Texas… just spent 12 years as a child there because of my bio-family. Technically, I was born a Hoosier… but have been an Ohio resident for approaching 5 years now… but ultimately think I that I should have been born Canadian… EHH?

1 Like

HA! I’ve been saying for years that I shoulda been a Spaniard. My personal body clock does NOT align with US concepts of working hours.

1 Like

Greetings Ohio Valley BigFix’ers!!! :wave:

Our 3 customer and 4 HCLSW presenters are confirmed and I’ve received approval from my leadership to expense the attendee’s lunch. I’m waiting to hear back from one presenter team on their title so that I can publish the agenda.

Presently Mission BBQ is leading in the poll, but there’s still time to vote. IF you have dietary restrictions OR food allergies, PLEASE email me ASAP so that we can plan accordingly.

PLEASE remember that registration closes on Eventbrite this Friday (08/04). This is also when ALL polls will be closed.

If you plan on joining us at Tucker’s Landing RV Park (campground map) after the BUG, please make sure to bring a chair as my wife and I live tiny and only have enough for ourselves. PLEASE NOTE this is an unofficial gathering after the BUG and is BYOB.

If you wish to join @bradsexton81 or @atlauren at the Cincinnati Reds game, please DM them.

1 Like

#Registration #closes #today! #OhioValley #BigFix #UserGroup

1 Like

Someone asked about actionscript keywords that are not on developer.bigfix.com

You can find most of them defined in here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Console\Reference\ActionScript.schclass

The first part of my presentation was on this:

which results in:

I also demo’d how to (insecurely) use https://tmate.io/ through BigFix. I should add that there are secure ways to do it using authorized SSH keys and/or your own server.

4 Likes

WOW… great day yesterday seeing LOTS of old faces/friends and meeting new fellow BigFix’ers!

@eldurson, @thomasdietrich and @cmcannady wish to THANK EVERYONE who attended, participated and contributed to the #REBOOT of our BUG! A special #SHOUTOUT to our gracious hosts for providing us with such a great event space… we couldn’t have done it without your support! :heart:

IF you attended the OHV-BUG #REBOOT yesterday (08/18/2023), please take a moment and answer the following poll questions to provide your event organizers with your feedback.

While this should go without saying… IF you did not attend yesterday’s event, PLEASE do not answer the polls. We’re looking for feedback from those that actually attended the event in person. Thank you.

What presentation did you find most beneficial? (choose up to 2)

• Jordan Warsoff - BigFix v11 & Roadmap
  • Chad Smith & Barry Novak - Enterprise SAGE Web UI
  • David Tamillow - New content in PCI DSS 4.0
  • Bob Dennedy & Chris Stanga - Enterprise EVP Dashboard
  • James Stewart - Testing BigFix relevance without installing the client
  • Andrew Laurence - Managing Macs & Advice for Past Me
  • Brad Sexton - Migrating to Windows 11 with BigFix OSD

0 voters

What did you thing of the agenda and format of the event?

• Did not meet expectations.
  • Met expectations.
  • Exceeded expectations.

0 voters

Did the event organizers provide clear communications and managed the event as you expected?

• Met expectations.
  • Exceeded expectations.

0 voters

What did you think of the event facility and amenities?

• Met expectations.
  • Exceeded expectations.

0 voters

What did you think of the catering from Mission BBQ?

• Met expectations.
  • Exceeded expectations.

0 voters

Did you learn about a feature or module of BigFix that you’re interested in exploring or licensing?

• No, we have the licensing we need.
  • Yes, please have my TA follow-up with me.

0 voters

What elements of the event did you find most beneficial? (choose up to 3)

• Learning from BigFix customers
  • Learning from HCL’ers
  • Networking with fellow BigFix’ers
  • Product Roadmap
  • Q&A Sessions

0 voters

If your business is NOT based in the greater Cincinnati area, would you or your company be interested in participating in a “local-to-you” BigFix user group?

• No, I like the Ohio Valley events.
  • Yes, Cincinnati chili is an abomination!
  • Maybe, can’t commit until I know what I’m getting myself into.

0 voters

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

1 Like

Good news everybody!

For those who were waiting, here’s the photo album from the Friday, August 18th reboot of the Ohio Valley BigFix User Group. Enjoy! :nerd_face:

1 Like