ENDED: IBM Interconnect 2017 Conference and BigFix User Group

One of the biggest difficulties is having a prearranged place to do it. Hopefully I can figure something out.

It looks like all the BigFix sessions are in the afternoon. Perhaps a morning meet-up in Mandalay around 10 AM would be cool in one of the lobby spaces. Coffee and community!

1 Like

It seems like Monday & Tuesday are free until about 1pm, so any time from 9am to 1pm those 2 days seem like a good opportunity for some pre-arranged meetups.

I need to try to figure out a good option to list as a venue that could be changed later, and possibly create some eventbrite links so people can easily add it to their calendars. Having a projector would be useful, but I am starting to think that isn’t needed.

It might be interesting if the venue did not require a badge, which could potentially provide 3 days of free options for BigFix discussions between the User Group on Sunday and Monday/Tuesday before noon.

1 Like

If you haven’t registered for interconnect yet, you can get 50% off registration (saving $1100) if you register for developerWorks Premium: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/premium/

developerWorks Premium costs $300 with promo code: DWPREM ($100 off).

Recommended uses of the $800 net savings include:

• Buying me a drink in Vegas
  • Buying me dinner in Vegas
  • Letting me gamble with your $800 in Vegas

P.s. I only play roulette

6 Likes

How are your Texas Hold’em skills?

Also, if you are attending Interconnect 2017 and are NOT a member of the BigFix slack, then please join. That is the best place for impromptu discussion / organizing meetups, etc…

Please send a private message to myself or @dexdexdex to join the slack. Include your email address.

The best way to contact me with short notice is through Slack or Twitter mention/message: https://twitter.com/jgstew

I will likely be updating this forum post at the top at least once a day during the conference with info about what is going on, but it isn’t the best option to get a hold of me during the conference.

Mike Paishon from the AVP team will be presenting a technical demo of the new AVP External Domain.

Tues Mar 21 2:45-3:45
Session: Bigfix AVP solutions to accelerate
enterpris AVP customers
@ Mandalay Bay South – Level 3 Palm H

James,

Thanks for putting all the InterConnect 2017 info together. I look forward to seeing everyone in LV and at the usergroup. I will be your MC for the event and excited to share we have over 120 people registered.

Stacy Lee
Stanford University

2 Likes

Will everyone who presented and said they would be posting slides be doing that here on this post or as separate posts?

1 Like
https://forum.bigfix.com/t/interconnect-2017-presentation-jon-mason-relays?source_topic_id=19447

Here’s mine!

2 Likes

BigFix Carbon Black InterConnect 2017.pdf (180.1 KB)

Here is the slides from my User Group session on BigFix and Carbon Black Integration (also my portion of the same information on the Thursday final session). I will see if I can get the full slide deck for the Thursday session and publish here.

2 Likes

It can be posted separate or on this post, but either way it would be nice to have links to everything on this post so it is one place to check.

1 Like

Just got a notification in the IBM Events app that allows access to all session presentations for anyone that made them available. Might be worth reaching out to IBM for those that presented so that we can get them all in one place!

Looks like the following sessions are already available for download direct from IBM:

• IBM Bigfix Accelerated Value Program Solutions to Accelerate Enterprise Bigfix Customers
  • How TSYS Utilized IBM BigFix, TADDM, and IBM Control Desk to Help Analyze Its IT Landscape

They can be accesed by seaching for “bigfix” at Interconnect Watson Search

3 Likes

I have uploaded my session to the InterConnect site.
Session title “Agent X, you work for me!”.
Attached here also:
1. InterConnect 2017 Session 4714 Lee Wei Published.pdf (1.3 MB)

Lee Wei

5 Likes

Here are the slides from my presentation
2017InterConnect_RelevanceMisconfiguration.pdf (2.3 MB)

4 Likes

A big thanks to James & Stacy, and whoever else was involved in setting up the user group meeting before the conference. It was also great to meet some of you in person as well. This truly motivated me and it even became the theme of my most recent blog entry at my company’s site: http://www.siwel.com/blog/keeping-yourself-excited-about-the-technology.

–Mark

1 Like

Ed,

I loved how you teased apart the GPO identifier portions of the RSPO WMI queries in relevance. It’s something I never thought to try out and a pretty neat idea.

1 Like

I’m planning on attending, and would be happy to speak for a few minutes on some work I’m doing on using PowerShell to collect data from Web Reports via SOAP API. It may have to just be a “work in progress, nothing to see here” report unless I make some good progress in the next week or two, but it might be of interest to folks.

Upcoming BigFix User Group Meeting:

FYI: here is the forum post for the 2018 Pulse / Interconnect / Think conference: BigFix Sessions & Global User Group Meeting @ IBM Think 2018