Downloads continue from original relay after new relay selected

I’m having a problem with large distributions to laptop devices that change location frequently. The device changes location after starting a download. It recognizes that ip address has changed and performs a relay select. It selects a new local relay but continues to download from the original relay.

I see the device running relay selection and aligning with the appropriate relay. The logs never indicate that the client gets shutdown so I believe the user is just shutting the lid to the laptop and the device goes into standby.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any suggestions on how to address this? I’m thinking if there were an event that I could trigger when a device returns from standby I could restart the agent. This would stop the download and force the client to establish a new download.

1 Like

This is the expected behaviour of the client. The download will continue where it started from. There is no current way of doing what you’re asking really with the current client so I’d file an RFE that could possibly do this after a wake event. There is a good amount of complexity here involved in how the download would be restarted and detect the scenario.

1 Like

Thanks for that info, The best work around I could come up with was to stop and start the besclient service after a return from standby event. I was able to do this in the task scheduler by starting the task on an event.

Log: System
Source: Power-Troubleshooter
Event ID: 1

The task just executes a net stop besclient and a net start besclient.

Do you foresee any issues with this approach?