Download from e.g. artifactory

When using some kind of repository like artifactory with user authentication I have the challenge to manage the credentials in BigFix. Why ? The user used for downloading has a password change every xx days.

So, when building a fixlet which is downloading files from artifactory we build a prefetch entry like:
prefetch <PACKAGE_NAME> sha1:<FILE_SHA_SUM> size: <FILE_SIZE> https://:<PASSWORD_HASH>@>SERVER>

This works pretty fine until next passwordchange. With some luck, file is cached on besserver of course.

Question so far: is there any way to have a more or less universal download plugin or any ideas how to store credentials in besenvironment and use it as parameter in action script ?

You may want to use a “secret parameter” to enter and hide the password when you submit your download action. The secret parameter is prompeted in the fixlet description. This is not a way to store the password, but rather a way to “dynamically” enter it each time the fixlet action is taken.

Yes, an interactive solution will work fine for an one time action or a policy. To use it within a baseline not.

I will try to play around with the download cache as a workaround.

Hi,

I am trying to create the remote repos for the Agent installation. Could someone provide me the URLS of the rpm or debian repos? Do you know if the links of the Overview Download page are backed by real debian or rpm repos?

Many thanks,

As far as I know, we don’t host repos that you can reach for the Agent installation, though you could create and manage internal repos with the packages after you download them.

Ok, then we just have this opportunity. Actually, if we had a remote repo, we could always get the current software without doing anything. But so this way we need to check and download it again.