Does anyone have a report for the total # fixlets installed in a year?

(imported topic written by Rob_Swalley91)

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to find a good report that shows the total number of fixlets installed for the past year…as a year in review for upper management…that would apply to Patches for Windows and Updates for Windows Applications. The Fixlet History report in WebReports looks like it would be what I am looking for in that I can select those separate sites for the specific computer groups I am looking for but the output is not what I had in mind.

I tried editing the report and then even doing custom scripting but rather than try and re-invent the wheel, I thought I would ask my fellow users and BigFix Support here in the forums for a helping hand. I’m sure there must be several others looking for something along these similar lines. I have the feeling I’m going in circles and I’m a little frustrated that I can’t make this work.

Does anyone have a custom bes report that they use that you recommend I try using? Any advice, suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much…and Happy New Year to you all!

Rob

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Hi Rob,

I think first we have to determine what types of data we want:

1. All patches installed on the computers, irrespective of the mechanism used to remediate. For example via Windows Updates, or manually installing an Acrobat patch etc.

2. All patches installed via BigFix through the issuing of actions.

For the first one, the BigFix Session Relevance object we need to query from is “BES Fixlet Results”. For the 2nd one, we use “BES Action Results”.

The Excel Connector (http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=3564) can query both objects through the Wizard, so you might want to give that a try and load the data into the spreadsheet for processing.

In any case, the sessions relevance will look something like the following.

For BES Fixlet Results:

number of results from (bes fixlets whose (display name of site of it = 
"Patches for Windows (English)" or display name of site of it = 
"Updates for Windows Applications")) whose ( exists last became nonrelevant of it and last became nonrelevant of it >= 
"Thu, 01 Jan 2009 00:00:00" as local time and last became nonrelevant of it <  
" as local time and  relevant flag of it = 

false) of bes computers

For BES Action Results:

number of results whose (status of it = bes action status fixed) of bes actions whose ( (display name of site of source fixlet of it = 
"Patches for Windows (English)" or display name of site of source fixlet of it = 
"Updates for Windows Applications")  and time issued of it >= 
"Thu, 01 Jan 2009 00:00:00" as local time and time issued of it <  
" as local time )

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Tingram91)

I’m looking to pretty much do exactly this for management, ours is Monthly.

Using the custom relevance below that i was able to come up with, i get the Fixed number of actions.

But I’m trying to locate a template of use that i can simply add this code to.

(it, multiplicity of it) of unique values of (if (it as string = “Fixed” OR it as string = “Pending Restart” OR it as string = “Pending Message”) then “Fixed” else nothing) of (statuses of results of it) of bes actions whose (if (exists start date of it) then (start date of it > (("01 " & last 8 of ((current date - (1 * month)) as string)) as date)) else date (local time zone) of time issued of it > (("01 " & last 8 of ((current date - (1 * month)) as string)) as date))

The Dream

Would to be able to build a full “DashBoard” PDF email that could go out.

Listing the fixed items, top 10 items fixed, and some pretty graphs…

Anyone able to help a brother out with the dream?

Thanks