Disable WebUI Session Timeout

Hi All,

I am trying to create a generic operator to display the WebUI dashboard on one of our monitors.

I have created the operator and assigned only the permissions required to login to WebUI.

However, I cannot work out how to remove the WebUI session timeout so that we can leave the dashboard running 24/7.

Please let me know if there is a way to disable the WebUI timeout.

Cheers,
B.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s possible to disable the auto logout within the WebUI services.
You may need to submit a PMR to IBM to see if a setting even exists to do this. I did a quick Google search for “bigfix” and “_WebUIApp”, but not finding anything.

Alternatively, you could use a dashboarding tool like IBM Dash or an open source alternative that updates queries for the desired dashboard on a schedule via the BigFix REST API.

This is the setting to configure the WebUI login timeout

_WebUIAppEnv_LOGIN_SESSION_TIMEOUT_SECONDS

For example, 86400 will timeout in 1 day.

Goes here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client

4 Likes

Thanks cmcannady and leewei for the assistance,

I will have a play with the WebUI logon timeout and determine whether there is a way I can allow only specified users to have the extended timeout. I’m hesitant to implement the extended timeout globally as that is likely to result in administrative sessions remaining open.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSTK87_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.webui.doc/WebUI/Admin_Guide/c_server_settings_definitions.html

Check the link which will provide WebUI settings category