Detecting dup records automatically for computers and removing them

HI All, We are facing a challenge in detecting the dup computer records repeatedly and removing them via admin clean up tool. Would there be a way to automatically detect the dup records and remove them? Please suggest.

Can you provide more details please on how or why the Admin tool’s duplicate computer remover function is not working for you?

Admin tool is working, but I need to get this information automated with remediation which can simply get me a mailer to tell me that I have this much of dup records found and those have been remediated per week.

I’m not sure how to tackle the email notification side but the Admin tool you can set it to run the removal on a schedule. In our environment we have it run daily and it works like a charm, though we’re not worried about the notification side of things.

1 Like

I have the command .\BESAdmin.exe using /deleteDuplicatedComputers to delete the dup records. But I would need to know how I can automate it to run automatically every second day and post results in a file?

Run the Admin tool, go to the Clean Up tab then you can schedule the computer remover and choose from the option provided

1 Like