Deploy CentOS 8 to VMware

I am starting to investigate using BigFix OSD to deploy Linux VMs to our VMware vCenter environment. Not sure if it is better to keep using Templates to deploy but we are wanting to see if we can’t capitalize more on our BigFix investment.

I glanced over the docs and tried to find some articles on the web/YouTube to see what it takes to deploy a Linux VM from iso to BigFix. I found a few references for WIndows but nothing real cut and dry for Linux.

Any pointers or how-to’s to deploy CentOS 8 to VMware with BigFix OSD? It doesn’t look like CentOS 8 is supported yet on the Patch so even if there is something for CentOS 7 so I can get a basic understanding of what and how to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
to deploy Linux Setup images you can follow the documentation starting from image import at this link -> https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/lifecycle/Lifecycle/OSD_Users_Guide/c_creating_linux_bm_profiles.html
There’s no difference to deploy on virtual or physical target computer because the deployment is directed to the target computer and not passing through the hypervisor.
So, for example, you can start the target computer from the network (PXE boot) and select the bare metal profile to deploy from the list of the profiles displayed in the binding menu.
Thanks.