Deleting settings from client and server

Hello, I’ve been cleaning up some legacy client computer settings that my co-workers have created in testing or in various things we’ve retired.

I’ve successfully deleted the settings from the clients, however, the settings remain visible in the console on the server side (such as when I go in to edit computer settings --> add). How can I remove these now-junk custom settings from the drop down list?

I believe the value will stay there as long as a single endpoint returns the setting name. I’d have to check though.

1 Like

I’m facing a number of unique values, including test settings I’ve created on my own workstation, which I’ve removed from my registry.
These and others have remained even after I removed my own workstation from the database, and yet still once checked in again and restored to the console/database.
FYI we’re running 9.5.10 ATM.

To get rid of those unused settings it might be necessary to delete the Console’s cache.

1 Like

Isnt there a Task

BES Client Setting: Remove Arbitrary Client Setting

Perhaps making this a Targeted Policy will, once all the machines call home, remove it once and for all and then perhaps a SQL Query to locate it and remove it from the DB?

The 100% removal ( @AlanM ) plus clearing cache as @aginestr suggested seems to have done the trick!
This is now resolved … unless someone knows how to trigger clearing console cache remotely :wink:

Did anyone ever discover how to accomplish this?

@rdshift As reported into the documentation at BESAdmin reference page : to clear all console cache information in BigFix Enterprise Service V7.0 or later versions. After running this command:

./BESAdmin.sh -resetdatabaseepoch

subsequent console logins reload their cache files.