Database problems since version 7.0

(imported topic written by Harald.Zarakowitis)

I have a problem regarding custom web reports which I believe only appeared since the update. However, this only happens with patches that have many failed attempts.

To prove my point I did the following:

I. In the presentation debugger I executed the following query.

number of unique values of (unique values of names of applicable computers of bes fixlets whose (name of it starts with 
"MS08-016"))
'

This returns 1011 for applicable computers.

II. I went to Web reports to show me the fixlet report for MS08-016

================================================

Name Sitename Fixlet ID Affected Computers Remediated Computers

MS08-016: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Could Allow Remote Code Execution - Office 2003 SP2 (Local/Network Install) Enterprise Security 801621 688 8

MS08-016: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Could Allow Remote Code Execution - Office 2003 SP2 (Local/Network Install) - corrected Relevance 8 RCV 207004 9 2

MS08-016: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Could Allow Remote Code Execution - Office XP SP3 (Local/Network Install) Enterprise Security 801611 404 2361

================================================

So overall Affected 1101, overall Remediated 2371. Not exactly the same result but thats not the main problem.

III. I executed the same statement in my Webreport via Javascript, and thats where I get complete bogus data. (see attached GIF-file)

The “All computers” column, which is shows the result from the query has 2793 computer applicable. Added with all the remediated computers its 5168, which are by the way more computers we have!

I understand that the web reports database is separated from the Console database, but the Web reports database seems to be somehow correct (with 90 clients difference though). As said in another thread we had massive problems with the MS08-016 because we had multiple office versions installed. Can someone explain to me why this happens?

Best regards,

Harald

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Hi Harald,

The GIF didn’t come through so I don’t quite understand what’s going on. But, can you re-run your tests using this relevance?

number of unique values of ids of applicable computers of bes fixlets whose (name of it starts with “MS08-016”)

Also, make sure you’re running all the queries as a master operator, and also make sure your web reports cache is up-to-date (you can click the refresh link on the database tab).

Jesse

(imported comment written by Harald.Zarakowitis)

Hm uploading attachment isn´t somehow not possible or do I miss something here?

I choose the attachement, I click on submit ==> nothing happens.

However, I think the database refresh did it. The relevance now delivers 1002 (if I use names) and 999 (if I use ids) which should be about right.

As always, thanks for the quick help.