Dashboard customization

(imported topic written by petasek91)

Hi all,

is it possible to create our own dashboards - according to customer requirements?

Or is there some tool to help us?

Thx petasek

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=524

(imported comment written by petasek91)

thank you cstoneba for this link but I know it, also the description in this document: http://support.bigfix.com/product/documents/BES_Admin_Guide_80_100803.pdf

Sorry for my first question I will specify it. Is it possible to create own dashboard in the BES Console for the operators?

(imported comment written by Syro91)

I have not tried acting on this but:

I have been told that yes, it is possible. You basically drop the dashboard (which is little more than a collection of html/xml (as an OJO file) and javascript, into the site’s folder on the server (look in BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\wwwrootbes\bfmirror\bfsites). If you create custom sites, you might want to copy an existing OJO and its associated .js files into your custom site (\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\wwwrootbes\bfsites i think) and experiment there. The OJO appears to have tags to tell the console where to display the dashboard/wizard in the site.

It is something I plan on doing eventually.

So it isn’t as smple as was indicated by our sales rep (surprise) but I know it’s possible, because of the detail in which he described another customer requesting a custom dashboard. I’m going to keep banging away at this and see if I come up with anything.

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

FYI, TEM (BigFix) 8.1 has a new feature which allows you to add files to a Custom Site from within the Console.

Noah

FYI, TEM (BigFix) 8.1 has a new feature which allows you to add files to a Custom Site from within the Console.

Not seeing an upgrade fixlet…will this require a fresh install, and is it released to production yet?

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

IBM customers can purchase it today. The upgrade Fixlets got put on hold for a couple days.

Ah. Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up!

(imported comment written by petasek91)

Thank you all for your information. I will try it.

Hi,

Is it possible to create custom DASHBOARD for the below points in Console?
BIGFIX Server Status,
BIGFIX Remote Control Broker and Gateway
BIGFIX Web reports status
BIGFIX Client Reporting Status

We have “Deployment Health Check” in our BIGFIX domain" but I need some additional fields in the same Dashboard,
Is it Possible to add those fields ?

Thanks,
Nagarajan,