CVE Dashboard available

HI
I run import today and got this error:

I saw also in BESRelay.log file this error:
/api/dashboardvariables/CVEs.ojo (9608) - XML parsing error: invalid byte ‘?’ at position 2 of a 2-byte sequence Line 1, Character 245761

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

@eyalr I tried the import for year 2019 and it imported OK.
Where you get the error is indeed when the util is trying to POST to your server using the /api/dashboardvariables/CVEs.ojo resource.

I tried with version 9.5.5.193 of the BigFix Server on Windows and in English.

Is this something that had worked before, or is this the first try?

@Pete_F does this error happen everytime here? Where the code is running, it is all the NVD website, and no BigFix yet.

@diwanker, when the utility runs, the XML file is downloaded from NVD website. I looked at the nvdcve-2.0-2019.xml file and I don’t see CVE-2019-0708 in the file.
So the vulnerability is not in the download file.

@leewei… Thanks for replying . It happens every time. I am running it on the main server at command line level using master admin creds and not using the schedule task.

I also run it on my console machine using the task and the master admin local credentials and it stops at the same point with the same error level… The only “Odd” thing about our set up is we use a different port from 52311 but I use that in the command line and also in the task parameter pages… I have tried with the FQDN and the ip address.
The import worked once in September of 2018 so I do see the dashboard and the data up to that point but since then , the importer has no succeeded.
Dashboard is V1.3. Importer is 1.6.0
I have deleted the tar and the xms to pull in new data , but no change…
Server is 9.5.13.130

@leewei… Sorry to trouble you, but its still failing… Is there a way to clear out the database totally and re-import?.. im assuming its stored in SQL but I cant see the table names that would identify it.?

I’ve recently been getting the same error on 9.5.13. Once it gets to the end of the first batch of CVEs it fails with Server error 500: I’ve not looked into it any deeper.

@leewei @jgo @michael_stone

As others, I have been receiving this same error for many months during imports. It always seems to fail on the same CVEID. One thing I noticed is the uncompressed nvdcve-2.0-2019.xml file is many times the size of previous years.

IIRC, during the Orlando Master Class the lab environment had a newer or refreshed CVE dashboard in the console. Is there a newer version of this add-on that can be made available?

1 Like

Hi Lee Wei,

Great Dashboard. It works perfectly.
But is there a possibility to add a box to filter the results based on Computer Groups in the Show CVEs tab like in the Show Computers tab ?

Best Regards.

Salvatore

hello
i try load new data.
I do not have the xml for 2019.
i try to download it and got this message:

XML Feed Retirement Phase 3
Per the timeline provided in the XML feed retirement announcement we will be implementing Phase 3 of the XML retirement plan on Wednesday October 16th.
This is one week later than originally planned.
**The feeds will no longer be accessible to any users or automated processes. **
Users will need to begin ingesting the JSON 1.1 Feeds for vulnerability information.

Do you have any planes for changing the importer tool to work with new JSON format ?
Thanks in advanced.

2 Likes

why i am getting Below Error
Connected to BigFix Server successfully
Found file nvdcve-2.0-2020.xml.gz locally
File name: nvdcve-2.0-2020.xml.gz, Size: 27.7KB
Decompressing file
Error: The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.

Hey bpat…I too am getting this error. I went to the nist.gov site and found the following.

https://nvd.nist.gov/General/News/XML-Vulnerability-Feed-Retirement

Thank you for the note. Is anyone know how we can make this work ?

1 Like

Not sure. I’ve asked around and waiting on responses. If I hear anything, I will relay the information.

1 Like

Any word on an update?