Custom Baseline Not Sequentially Running Each Component in Group

(imported topic written by thesurg3on91)

Hello,

I created a custom baseline.

My components are

Group 1

• UPDATE: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Available - Windows XP/2003/Vista
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Available - Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008
  • A task that I created to install an application (.msi) using command line switches to silently install

Each component in the group has their own set of relevance that was already apart of each individual task (my baseline components is comprised of tasks that were already created. Two by BigFix and one by me. The two first ones have relevance created by BigFix that checks if .NET is installed, or if SP1 is installed.

The relevance tab on my baseline says “Computers on which the relevance clause below is true” and true is in the window below

I notice that on computers that already have .NET 3.5, when I go to deploy the baseline, it says NOT RELEVANT and will not deploy the baseline. What I am assuming is that the baseline is not going through each componets list of relevance and deploying the task.

In short what I want the baseline to do is

Install .Net 3.5 if it is not already installed, because it is a prerequisite for my application; install .NET 3.5 SP1 if it is not already installed as it is a prerequisite for my application; and lastly install the application.

I assumed that when you create a baseline, you simply add components that are already tasks and then the baseline runs each task sequentially.

Could this be because I do NOT have the following option checked on my last component (my application): “Baseline will be relevant on applicable computers where this component is relevant”

It is checked on all of the other components.

1 Like

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Yes, that is correct.