Creating Uninstall Packages

I have created an uninstall package using BigFix Manage Software Distribution. Unfortunately, I am receiving an error with an exit code of 1603. BigFix support said they cannot help me due to the task being custom and that I should check the forums.The software program I am trying to uninstall is Data Protection Agent Publisher is Safend Ltd This is my first time creating any type of package using BigFix so there is a high percent that I screwed something up. Any help is appreciated.

If it helps, here is the response from support on my issue:

For the SAFEND uninstall, it looks like the command “waithidden uninstall.bat >> uninstall.log 2>&1” is causing a fatal error.

At 15:50:23 -0500 - actionsite (http://CBMYSPATCH.century-bank.com:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/actionsite)

Command succeeded (Exit Code=1603) waithidden uninstall.bat >> uninstall.log 2>&1 (action:32159)

Try creating a new task that has this as the action script:
waithidden msiexec.exe /X { name of keys whose( (exists values “DisplayName” whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “Data Protection Agent” as lowercase) of it) AND (exists values whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “msiexec”) of it) ) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of ( x64 registries; x32 registries ) } /qn

then use this as your first relevance:
windows of operating system

the this for your second relevance:
1 = number of keys whose( (exists values “DisplayName” whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “Data Protection Agent” as lowercase) of it) AND (exists values whose(it as string as lowercase starts with “msiexec”) of it) ) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of ( x64 registries; x32 registries )

Hi Mallet,

The 1603 is a generic error that usually involves looking at the msi log file to determine the problem. Do you know the command line in the uninstall.bat file? It was most likely created in the actionscript.

What I would do is look at the command line in the uninstall.bat and then manually run it without the /qn or /qb parameters and see what it says.

What we need to figure out is if it is a problem with the fixlet or with the uninstall of the application.

Also on a side note, I would remove references to your host names when you post (to any forum). Just replace it with something like <hostname>

It kind of looks like they have custom uninstall flags that are needed.

Like said above, I like to make the uninstalls version agnostic by having it pull the registry key value and putting that in the uninstall:

// Enter your action script here
Waithidden msiexec.exe /X {name of key whose (value “displayname” of it as string contains “WinZip” of it and value “uninstallstring” of it as string as lowercase contains “msiexec”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of native registry} /qn

1 Like