Create a fixlet to run another fixlet

I have a CentOS 7 image which I am using to deploy out to over 100 endpoints. These machines are also Relays so the agent and relay packages are installed. There appears to be an issue with the relay service so I have to uninstall the relay and then run the BigFix fixlet to reinstall and this appears to clear up the issue. I have a couple other minor tweaks I need to perform but wondering if it is possible to run the BigFix fixlet - Installs the IBM BigFix Relay 9.5.14 on the selected Linux or UNIX computers after I run something like ‘yum remove besrelay’?

Not sure how in a BigFix Action Script to remove this package but if I add that to the current Action script to install it that might work too.

Just trying to figure out how I can automate this a bit instead of running a fixlet to remove and then the fixlet to install the Relay again. These are all the same image so being able to just run a fixlet to do all the manual stuff I am doing would be the preferred method. Just currently unable to figure out what that would look like.

That should work, but I’d be interested in getting at the root cause of what’s wrong with your relay to begin with.

There’s a fixlet in the BES Support site to install the relay.

At first, BigFix Relay should run for long time without attention and as @JasonWalker suggested, I’d recommend to find out what is wrong with your relay.

As for the “Create a fixlet to run another fixlet” in the title, it is difficult because fixlet runs in the client computer and to run the fixlet, you need to communicate with BigFix server (normally through REST API).
When you need to run several fixlets in sequence, you typically create a “baseline”. In your case, you can create a baseline that contains

1. Fixlet to uninstall Relay
  2. Fixlet to install Relay