Counting Bigfix Usage Under HCL

I have a document called “Managing licenses for HCL products in BigFix Inventory”, but I am having trouble understanding it. I am specifically trying to count RVU usage for Bigfix Inventory. Has anyone had this issue?

I am finding that Bigfix Inventory is not being discovered as a component even thought the license tags are on the client showing Bigfix inventory.

Additionally, I used to classify “Bigfix Platform Relay” and “Bigfix Platform Agent” and the console as “IBM License Metric Tool” with the metric establishment. Is that still the correct way to do it.

Hi,
Sorry to ask for it but where did you get the document? I can’t find it online. Would you mind sharing it?

Do you have BigFix Inventory or ILMT? New BigFix/BFI components will be reported as HCL publisher. How ever they still should be assigned to IBM BigFix product to calculate the RVU metrics.

For the 3rd point, if you have ILMT then Bigfix components can be assigned to ILMT establishment product. If your BigFix is used for other products such as Patch etc then the BigFix Platform Agent should be either bundled or shared with other BigFix product to calculate proper license usage

I have the PDF also, but I can’t remember where I found it. There is this presentation hosted on the Forum which references it: HCL Software Reporting

Managing licenses for HCL products in BigFix Inventory.pdf (802.9 KB)