Copy a file to multiple locations which are variable

Hi All I am hoping to get some advice.
I have an existing file, which is on all servers (both Unix and Win) in multiple locations.
I can determine the full pathname, but I am trying to make a fixlet which will createfile and then copy the same file to all locations which exists
pathnames of files whose (name of it contains “some string”) of folders of folders of folder “__BESData” of storage folder of client

Any idea how to delete the existing files and copy my new createfile to the unique locations.

What is the mechanism you would use to determine the existing files full pathname? Depending on that mechanism, we should be able to leverage relevance to substitute the variable locations to perform the desired tasks of first deleting the file, then copying the new file to the same location.

Hi Aram
Thanks for quick response.
I was thinking that this relevance (below) will determine the full path of all files which are named the same. When I test in Fixlet Debugger it shows me all files which have the name I am looking for.

“pathnames of files whose (name of it contains “some string”) of folders of folders of folder “__BESData” of storage folder of client”

Hmm…Perhaps I misunderstood.

Would you mind providing an example? What might an existing file’s path be? And the intention is to replace that file with one that you generate using createfile?

Hi Aram
The intention is to replace the delay_counter.xml files with a new one of same name which is created using some variables like modtime of another file, and a counter and current time.
I am able to do this on a site by site basis, meaning I run the fixlet per each site, but I am thinking to simplify it, and run 1 time per some interval (every 12 hours lets say)
The only option I have devised so far is creating a Windows bat file to do it and a unix bash script " for in done" loop

Q: pathnames of files whose (name of it contains “_counter.xml”) of folders of folders of folder “__BESData” of storage folder of client
A: C:\IBM\IEM__BESData\CustomSite_Support_4-2e0__Local\delay_counter.xml
A: C:\IBM\IEM__BESData\CustomSite_Support_4-2e1__Local\delay_counter.xml
A: C:\IBM\IEM__BESData\CustomSite_Support_4-2e2__Local\delay_counter.xml
A: C:\IBM\IEM__BESData\CustomSite_Support_4-2e5__Local\delay_counter.xml
T: 0.092 ms

I see. So, yes, you can certainly create a batch or bash script with a loop. Or, you can dynamically create a batch or or bash script with relevance substitution for each file found rather than a loop. Either way should work.