Content Modification: Updates for Mac Applications published 2021-02-24

Content in Updates for Mac Applications has been modified.

New Fixlets:

Webex Meetings 41.3.0.113 Available - Mac OS X (ID: 40800020)
Firefox 78.8.0 ESR Available - Mac OS X (ID: 20750032)
Firefox 86.0 Available - Mac OS X (ID: 20750033)

Published site version:
Updates for Mac Applications, version 325.

Reasons for Update:

A newer version of Firefox, ESR and Webex Meetings has been released.

Actions to Take:
Gathering of the site will automatically show the updates made.

Application Engineering Team
BigFix

I’m seeing higher than expected relevance of the 78.8.0 ESR Fixlet. ID:20750032

If this app package is indeed 78.8.0, would this relevance be correct? (Relevance 3 of the fixlet):

exists application "Firefox.app" whose (version of it as string = "78.8" or version of it < "78.8.0" as version)

If you have Firefox.app version 78.8.0 installed, wouldn’t this always be true?

I was able to confirm that:
version of application "Firefox.app"
returns “78.8” on a system with Firefox ESR 78.8 installed, so it would satisfy the first part of the OR statement in my original post.

So…not a false-positive? Is it working as you expect?

I don’t have a handy test case at the moment, but I think this should be working as expected - with the nuance that the first part is doing a “string” comparison, while the second is doing a “version” comparison

This statement comes back as true even when you have 78.8 installed. So it makes the fixlet stay relevant…

Since Version of it as string is indeed “78.8” then the first part of the or statement is true, and the second part is false since “78.8” as version is not less than “78.8.0” as version… but…
since:
Q: true or false
A: True
T: 3890

Right? Or am I missing something?

I pushed the 78.8 fixlet to a relevant test system with 77.7.x installed. The action installed the application, it’s definitely 78.8 now, and the action result is “Failed”. Original fixlet is still showing as relevant. So definite “false positive”. I need to open a ticket I assume…

Thanks for your patience on this. Yes I think it’s worth opening a support incident. I’ve referred this internally to the patch team as well.

no problem, just bouncing it off here to make sure my logic was right. I initially built an analysis to check the versions in the environment, and then did a test install…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.