Comma delimited list

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

When I use the relevance “running applications” i get data on about 98% of all the machines I have

when I try to concatenate these results I get about 90% and 10% return data

(concatenation “||” of unique values of ((name of it,version of it) of running applications as string ))

is there a better way to concatenate this data ? I also see the same results on services

this works fine… 98% good results

(display name of it & " (" & service name of it & ") | " & state of it) of services whose (exists display name of it AND (length of (display name of it as string)) > 0 AND (number of substrings " " of (display name of it as string) < (length of (display name of it as string))) AND exists service name of it AND (length of (service name of it as string)) > 0 AND (number of substrings " " of (service name of it as string) < (length of (service name of it as string))) AND exists state of it)

when I add this below, i get about 5% good results…

concatenation "||" of unique values of

(imported comment written by BenKus)

What are the “more details” of the error?

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

it shows 3 dots… when i move to click it, it moves down to the next error…

when I take the same relevance and run it on a machine that reports an error in the console it shows

the correct data

Q: concatenation “||” of unique values of (if name of operating system as lowercase contains “win” then services as string else “”)

A: “ALG” “Application Layer Gateway Service” “Stopped”||“AeLookupSvc” “Application Experience Lookup Service” “Running”||“Alerter” “Alerter” “Stopped”||“AppMgmt” “Application Management” “Stopped”||“AudioSrv” “Windows Audio” “Stopped”||“BESClient” “BES Client” “Running”||“BITS” “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” “Stopped”||“Browser” “Computer Browser” “Running”||“COMSysApp” “COM+ System Application” “Stopped”||“CiSvc” “Indexing Service” “Stopped”||“ClipSrv” “ClipBook” “Stopped”||“ClusSvc” “Cluster Service” “Running”||“ConnectEMC” “ConnectEMC” “Stopped”||“CryptSvc” “Cryptographic Services” “Running”…

What about if you double-click on the computer and find the property in the “Computer Summary” tab.

Ben

Services - Windows - CDL …

Running Applications CDL …

Hey Mark,

OK… I think I may know what is going on…

If you have a single line of a result that is very long, then the client may truncate it and return “…” To get the proper results, you probably need to return different results (so take out the concatenation" part).

To confirm this, check and see if the 10% of results that return properly for your property are under a specific length (1024 bytes I think…)

Ben

Thats it…

The ones that return data are between 800 and 970… on my test box the Relevance Debugger returns an answer of 4072 characters