Codebase problem

(imported topic written by TommyG91)

I have a user in canada who gets this error when he tries to connect:

“an error occurred while attempting to connect to the database: Database Error: The code page of this application (1257) does not match teh code page of the database (1252)”

I found this post: http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=575 and I also scoured google but I cannot find out how to change the code page for the DSN. I’ve been searching around for at least an hour but can’t figure it out. I also found this registry entry here but not sure what to change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage

How do I change the unicode of the console user (DSN) to match the database?

(imported comment written by Shlomi91)

Hi Tommy,

this basically means that your database is installed in english encoding (1252), while your user’s non-unicode is set to Baltic languages (Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian).

the most Straight forward way to resolve this is to match your user’s non-unicode setting to english (control panel ==> Regional and language options ==> advanced and change the “language for non-unicode programs” to “english”.

reboot your computer, and you’r done.

Shlomi

(imported comment written by TommyG91)

Shlomi,

Your fix worked for me. Thank you so much! I was really making this harder than it was. I should have thought to look in Regional settings right away.

Tom