clientIdentityMatch / correlation Question

I think what we need is a some documentation from IBM on what the possible solutions are for Citrix/VDI

Whats the best way to get this?

I am also interested in documentation on possible solutions for Citrix/VDI.

For a Citrix/VDI environment BigFix is only used for compliance. It is not needed for patching all the provisioned servers/VDIs.
–If it was possible to install the agent on the c:\ drive and the installer let you choose where to save the directories that needed to be persistent on a separate drive. That would work well for Citrix.
–After reboot it would look to see if the directories existed. If directories did not exist they would be created. Each subsequent reboot would be able to pull the history.

Please consider this setup. It would make our lives so much easier and save a lot of resource hit on our application servers from unneeded resource intensive Bigfix scanning.

Hi Guys, We are trying to get Windows 10 Client BES Client’s working on Citrix VDI env to initially do BFI V9 Software Usage. We also want to keep our options open to run baselines etc if needed.
The Win10 VDI’s are non persistent, but we have a small persistent disk we can backup selected bits of the registry and key BES files. Win10 VDI’s are started from gold image and then the BES client is installed each logon.
They always have the same hostname and we can sometimes get BES server stitch the new agent back to the old ID, but often we see the BES create new ID for the agent. We believe we understand why this happening but can anyone help with best practice in the VDI and BES Client space

Discovered today you only need to backup/protect HKM…EnterpriseClient\GlobalOptions and the BESClient\KeyStorage folder (Reg export and copy must made with agent stopped)

4 Likes

Hi Can you provide any more details on how you did this? I would like to use that information to discuss with the Citrix person,