Client manager for endpoint protection overview error

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

After upgrading to 8.1 recently I had no issues with the client manager for endpoint protection overview. This morning when I log in with one account to check out the status of AV I am getting an error alert. I have a few different accounts and it works properly on my Master Operator account, but either of my non master operator accounts fail.

I have already tried clearing my console cache and completely logoff/logon the console.

Both accounts are getting the exact same error.

Error: An error occurred while evaluating relevance.

Singular expression refers to nonexistent object.

Log: 3/14/2011 13:25:08.275

ERROR

NONCLIENTCMEP_Dashboard (JS)

BFEvaluateRelevance Error: Singular expression refers to nonexistent object.

onSuccess: (function() {functionToBind.apply(objToBindTo,arguments);})…

relevance: number of (unique values of ids of items 0 of it of (bes computers, fixlet 6 of it, fixlet 7 of it, fixlet 79 of it, fixlet 121 of it, fixlet 204 of it, fixlet 124 of it, fixlet 16 of it, fixlet 22 of it, fixlet 12 of it, fixlet 51 of it, fixlet 118 of it, fixlet 205 of it, fixlet 15 of it, fixlet 50 of it, fixlet 62 of it) whose ( not relevant( item 0 of it, item 1 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 2 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 3 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 4 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 5 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 6 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 7 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 8 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 9 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 10 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 11 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 12 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 13 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 14 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 15 of it)) of (bes site whose (id of it = 75 )))

(imported comment written by StacyLee)

Check under sites and look at the CMEP site.

Check Computer Subscriptions Tab and Select All computers (or whatever computers you need added)

Check Operator Permissions and ensure your other accounts are added or Grant Permissions Globally.

It was reported in some other threads people are seeing some issues when upgrading to 8.1.

I will be upgrading to 8.1 this weekend. I’ll be sure to check that after the upgrade.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

For this site all of the computer and all of the users have access to this site. We have a few sites that we limit who has access to it and previously the BES Support site was throwing a similar error for our console users.

It seems to have occured after updating the masthead this morning so we could access the Tivoli Remote Control site.

I am wondering if we have something wrong with our masthead or a reference to an old masthead that has since expired. The only reason I say that is when I look into my dashboards I have the “Client Manager for Endpoint Protection” as well as a “Client Manager for Anti-Virus Overview (superseded)”. the latter I believe was from our proof of concept 2 years ago.

Are you still running into this issue? I can’t replicate this in my test environment (also 8.1). Are you running the latest version of the site (should be 1947 as of this posting)?

As a sanity check can you enable the debug tab ( “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “Shift” + “d” to bring up the debug dialog and then check off “Show debug menu” and close it). and run the Presentation debugger and run the following two relevance statements (under your non-master operator users)?

name of bes site whose (id of it = 75 )

number of bes computers

Feel free to run the problem relevance statement you included in your original post as well.

I am still running into this issue. The current version of the site is 1947. I want to say when we upgraded on Thursday that it was working properly on Friday. However we were having an issue with accessing the Tivoli Remote Control. I worked with one of our support vendors who escalated to someone at IBM that provided a new masthead on Monday. After that masthead was applied is when I started to see this issue. It is not an issue for any Master Operator accounts, it only is occuring to the Console Users that have a limited amount of machines/content that they support. All of the operators have access to BES Support, CMEP, the various Patches for (OS), and Updates for Windows Applications.

The graph that appears behind the error is on the Loading, please wait screen. The number of computers that it lists is only about 515 machines when it should be 4700. It looks like the Healthy machines are the ones not populating properly but the graph is attempting to show the number of machines i would expect for old definitions/av stopped/av other. I have attached a picture below if it helps

command: name of bes site whose (id of it = 75 )

result: “Client Manager for Anti-Virus”

command: number of bes computers

result: “4714”

command: number of (unique values of ids of items 0 of it of (bes computers, fixlet 6 of it, fixlet 7 of it, fixlet 79 of it, fixlet 121 of it, fixlet 204 of it, fixlet 124 of it, fixlet 16 of it, fixlet 22 of it, fixlet 12 of it, fixlet 51 of it, fixlet 118 of it, fixlet 205 of it, fixlet 15 of it, fixlet 50 of it, fixlet 62 of it) whose ( not relevant( item 0 of it, item 1 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 2 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 3 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 4 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 5 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 6 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 7 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 8 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 9 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 10 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 11 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 12 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 13 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 14 of it) AND not relevant(item 0 of it, item 15 of it)) of (bes site whose (id of it = 75 )))

result: “Error: Singular expression refers to nonexistent object”

Thanks for any sort of ideas on getting this resolved.

Hmm… that’s weird. I guess the next step would be trying to break it up.

First test the base case:

number of (unique values of ids of items 0 of it of (bes computers, fixlet 6 of it, fixlet 7 of it, fixlet 79 of it, fixlet 121 of it, fixlet 204 of it, fixlet 124 of it, fixlet 16 of it, fixlet 22 of it, fixlet 12 of it, fixlet 51 of it, fixlet 118 of it, fixlet 205 of it, fixlet 15 of it, fixlet 50 of it, fixlet 62 of it) of (bes site whose (id of it = 75 )))

Then test each part individually:

i.e.

number of (unique values of ids of items 0 of it of (bes computers, fixlet 6 of it, fixlet 7 of it, fixlet 79 of it, fixlet 121 of it, fixlet 204 of it, fixlet 124 of it, fixlet 16 of it, fixlet 22 of it, fixlet 12 of it, fixlet 51 of it, fixlet 118 of it, fixlet 205 of it, fixlet 15 of it, fixlet 50 of it, fixlet 62 of it) whose (not relevant( item 0 of it, item 1 of it)) of (bes site whose (id of it = 75 )))

Iterate the numerical portion of the clause “item 1 of it” to go up to 15 (e.g. “item 2 of it” and so on assuming the original test doesn’t fail).

As another question, does this occur in both domains where the dashboard is visible (the “All Content” and “Endpoint Protection” domains)?

The base case fails with the same “Error: Singular expression refers to nonexistent object.”

This is happening to both of the dashboards within the two domains. After checking that I checked each of the AV specific dashboards. We are mostly a McAfee shop but we are testing other products (sophos and Trend) so we have agents of those vendors out there. The McAfee specific dashboard is still jacked up like the image i had previously attached, however when I look at Sophos/Trend it appears to be more normal looking.

I might be off on reading the relevence but when i look at all of the fixlet IDs under the endpoint management domain I dont see the fixlet ID’s of what is listed in the relevence. for example I have fixlet ID’s 4,5,9,10,etc but the relevence as I am reading it is looking for fixlet id’s 6,7,etc.

They’re analyses. You should see them in the domain Endpoint Protection, All Endpoint Protection->Analyses (you might need to show non-relevant content for some of them to show up).

and there it is!

So I globally hid the default “McAfee VirusScan - Client Information” Analysis as I created a copy of it to add additional information in the analysis (ePO version, and Mcafee Patch version). Once I unhid that analysis and logged off/logged back on the dashboard is now opening up properly for non master operators.

Thank you so much for the troubleshooting/assistance in getting this working.

unrelated to this issue but…

I am hoping that this ends up resolving the other small issue we are having here since the upgrade with logging in, but I am guessing that is something else with the cache and user profiles. Periodically users are getting “NoSuchSite” when logging in and we have a workaround of clearing the console cache. Since you cannot open the console the clear the cache delete the following files/folders on your user profile.

• Users<current user>\AppData\Local\BigFix\Enterprise Console\BES_EnterpriseServer<BigFix UserName>\SessionCache.dat

• Users<current user>\AppData\Local\BigFix\Enterprise Console\BES_EnterpriseServer<BigFix UserName>\PropertyResults

Thanks again!