Client Diagnostics by URL

is there any utility or url to test any clients status from any pc which can access to the client ?
without authentication, the tester will need only a internet browser.

Is this in the case that the client is not working at all?
Are these AD joined computers?

The issue with accessing a URL on a client remotely is that it would require TCP ports being opened on the client, and any hardware firewalls in between. If the client is behind a NAT then this would never work at all.

You are much better off using something like PSExec to run remote commands, or Remote PowerShell, or something else, but then you should still be constrained by the network.

I used to recommend Meraki MDM as a backup and supplement to BigFix/IEM because it was free for unlimited clients and let you fix things remotely if needed, but it is now limited to 100 clients for free. Not sure if I am grandfathered in to unlimited or not.

1 Like

As @jgstew suggested, this does not exist natively within the product at the moment, though it is an interesting request that has come up before. There are challenges associated with such a feature (including remote connectivity, required resources on the Client, and the security implications), but there are a number of approaches we might consider to enable this sort of capability. If you haven’t already, I’d recommend creating a RFE: How to ask for IBM product help: PMRs, RFEs, and more

1 Like