Changing computer to use S3 instead of S1 sleep states

(imported topic written by BenKus)

Hey folks,

We have removed the Fixlet ‘Maximize Power Reduction when in Standby Mode (Use “S3” Sleep State) - Windows XP/2003’ from the BES Power Management site. The Fixlet was used in the (somewhat rare) situation when computers were set to use S1 sleep state instead of the S3 state (which uses less energy).

If you are interested in this functionality, you can import the attached Fixlet and use it. However, before you use this Fixlet, you must download dumppo.exe from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/products/Oemtest/v1.1/WOSTest/Tools/Acpi/dumppo.exe and pre-cache it using the instructions at http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=390 with the file name: 4ddb6611e12a53bf05f458803be4a9291bc5a229.

Thanks,

Ben

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

When I tried importing this bes file through the console, I received an XML parsing error. I had to remove this line in order to successfully import it:

<Delay>PT1S</Delay>

Is this line of any significance?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Oops… damn, I think I exported it from the new BigFix 8.0 Console which includes some more tags… I will find an older console to re-export it, but if you remove that line does it help (the line isn’t important)?

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

8.0 ??? I thought that wasn’t out yet :wink:

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

Ben Kus

Oops… damn, I think I exported it from the new BigFix 8.0 Console which includes some more tags… I will find an older console to re-export it, but if you remove that line does it help (the line isn’t important)?

Ben

Correct, it imported fine without that line. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn’t affect the behavior of the fixet. Thanks Ben!

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Updated Fixlet to import…