Change Client Certificate Expiration?

I just upgraded to 10.0.7 and would like to know if it’s possible to change the client certificate expiration to something longer than 13 months?

I could be wrong but I believe the only way round this is to run an action with client certificate refresh in there but you have to ensure your agent is reporting to a down level relay (< 10.0.7)

It’s a really dirty “hack” but it would work and set it back to 10 years.

The 13-month validity period introduced with 10.0.7 is not customizable. The method suggested by @FatScottishGuy would indeed generate a 10-year client certificate, but that will only last until the next time the client will have the chance to register again through a relay-chain that is entirely at 10.0.7 level (or later).

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation.

@aginestr Is it possible to change the automatic client certificate maintenance period from 45 days to another value?

We have multiple use cases where 45 days is not enough time for an employee or a computer to automatically refresh the client certificate. Thanks in advance.

@dyamamoto The 45-day automatic update window is not customizable either. Regarding the case you are describing, in which this window might not be enough, the suggestion is to take advantage of the actionscript client certificate refresh command to anticipate the certificate update.

Thank you @aginestr

I’ll go down the route of the actionscript as you suggested. I’ve also created an RFE for providing customization to the 45 day automatic window.
https://bigfix-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas/BFP-I-327