Can't launch the console - some kind of DB issue

I restarted my bigfix server and when it came up I tried launching the console and received the following error:

“Unable to login to server. Have you run BESAdmin to create the signing key on the server? Is the server able to connect to the database?”

Also, when trying to launch the BESAdmin tool, there is a “connect to database” dialog that had nothing in the drop-down list.

Immediately after the restart of the server, the error in some of the server logs was:

Unexpected exception: Database Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application (IM014:0)

Most of the log files were showing this error. And researching led me to check the DSN’s. This is a 64-bit Windows 2008R2 system and the 32-bit DSN’s were configured - and seemingly incorrectly, the “test connection” of the DSN’s failed.

I recreated the DSNs using the 64-bit odbc tool and it is now working but I’m not sure what happened and if I’ve got the DSN’s configured correctly. They are now configured using windows authentication and were previously configured using database authentication. Any guidance to point to what I may have done to cause this issue or to how to correctly configure the DSNs would be helpful.

A couple of changes I made prior to the restart was upgrading the server components to 9.2.6 and plus I’m sure a few windows patches went onto the system too.

I would strongly recommend a PMR: How to ask for IBM product help: PMRs, RFEs, and more