Cannot get simple relevance check for file and file version to work

Hi everyone!

I used the Windows Software Distribution wizard to create a fixlet which works fine. However I want this fixlet, and installer by extension, to upgrade clients that already have the older version installed. This should be pretty simple with a simple check of the exe version but I cannot, for the life of me, get this relevance check to work:

((name of it = “WinVista” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “WinVista” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win7” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win7” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win8” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win8” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win8.1” AND NOT x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win8.1” AND x64 of it) OR (name of it = “Win10”)) of operating system
AND (not exists file “C:\Program Files (x86)\programName\application.exe” whose (version of it = “3.0.4.403”))
OR (not exists file “C:\Program Files\programName\application.exe” whose (version of it = “3.0.4.403”))

I’ve bolded the lines in question. Ideally I’d like to say "version starts with “3.0"” but I’d settle for matching the entire version number.

I found the following topic which is basically the same thing that I’m asking but I don’t understand how to translate the “Q” and “A” notation that they’re using into a relevance check that I can plug into my fixlet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

To do file “<filename>” that file must exist so you can do something like

not exists files whose (name of it = "application.exe" and version of it = "3.0.4.403") of folder "programName" of program files x32 folder
not exists files whose (name of it = "application.exe" and version of it = "3.0.4.403") of folder "programName" of program files x64 folder