Can BigFix action audit history be disabled? BESAdmin

can BigFix action audit history be disabled?

What do you mean by that? What is the use case?

Can you give an example of which audit history you mean? There is audit history in a few different places.

If you just want to hide the use of a password as a parameter in an action from the client log file, then there is a built in way to do that. https://developer.bigfix.com/action-script/reference/client/action-log-command.html

I really need more info to know how to answer this question.

Hi. thank you for responding. I am new to big fix and am doing a manual health check and have this question:
BigFix Action audit history is stored in the BigFix Server database. BigFix contains no configurable option for log retention, but action audit history cannot be disabled. Whrere would i check to see if it has been disabled?

You can configure audit history purging and archiving in BES Admin.

You can have BigFix on a schedule write out the audit history to a file, then delete the history that is older than X days from the server. This way you can always have X days of audit history “live” within the root server database, but also retain an audit history archive for long term keeping. This is highly recommended to enable for large environments with large numbers of endpoints and actions, and just a good idea for performance in general.

Having at least 3 months of live audit history is ideal, but some very large environments reduce it to a week for performance reasons.

BES Admin Info: HCL Software 404 Page

1 Like

Thank you for the information!! i couldnt find anything that really laid it out like that.

1 Like