BigFix10 Issue with Cloud Plugin for AWS Discovery

Hi,

We have upgraded our Lab environment and created a new server to install the BigFix Plugin Portal service.
The install of the portal went fine(Or at least it looks like). After deploying the Fixlet “Install BigFix Plugin for AWS Discovery - version 1.1.59” the folder installation is created and there are some files but I don’t see any log being written in the plugin logs’ location. And I don’t see anything in the plugin portal’s log in regards to this new plugin.

The documentation is not clear on how to validate if a plugin has been installed and configured correctly, so I am looking for some guidance.

One note is that our BESClient service and the AWS Plugin are installed on the E:\ drive while the portal service got installed in the C:\ Drive by default, not sure if that is not supported.

I can provide more details if needed

On the endpoint that you pushed “Install BigFix Plugin for AWS Discovery - version 1.1.59” to, is the “BES Plugin Portal” service running?

Does that endpoint show up https://webui/framework/fwplugins List of Plugin Portals?

Yes, it shows up.

I removed everything and just installed everything on the same drive(Except by the DB). And this time it’s working!

So it seems like there are issues when the agent is running from a different drive other than C:.

On a related page, can we enable multiple AWS Accounts using the same Plugin Portal(Hosting)?

@fermt For the drive issue, I suggest you should open a case as it certainly needs to be investigated further.

As concerns the question, yes, a single AWS plugin may be configured to handle multiple access keys. This may be done through the “Plugin management” section of the BigFix WebUI.

1 Like

I found it!
The documentation is not clear on how to add multiple accounts. Could we have this documented?

Yes, I’ll make sure this gets documented properly.

1 Like

For the sake of information, the install drive issue was due to the AWS Plugin being installed on a drive other than the BES Plugin Portal. We’re changing the install fixlets so that cloud plugins are always installed on the same drive as the BES Plugin Portal.