Bigfix WebUI Query not Reliable

I find that I do not get accurate results with the Bigfix WeUI Query. I opened a case with support about this in the past but apparently nothing came of it because query is still broken. I have to use the fixlet debugger remote query to get a reliable answer. It is too bad because query is the only feature I use in WebUI.

@mbartosh, what exactly is broken? What version of the platform and WebUI Query are you running? The current version of WebUI Query is 25. Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently? Thanks, Gus.

Mbartosh, very interested in the issue your having as bigfix 10.0.5 query has been very good. I do know that 10.0.4 there was a bug that has since been fixed… reach out to me and I’d love to help.

Fixlet Debugger, under the hood, uses the WebUI query and regardless of which you use, the BigFix agent on the endpoint does the query, so I would expect equivalent results from both. I too am very interested in an example use case.

Are you hitting an encoding issues, such as double quote issue described here: SOLVED: How do I get a DoubleQuote in a session relevance result using the rest api

Also experiencing issues with WebUI queries, especially with parameters.
I’m using a fresh install of BigFix 10.0.6.0 on RHEL 8 server with DB2 11.5
WebUI is a latest version.

The issue is that parameter values are not taken into account. For example, if I run existing query “Running Linux process with arguments (Linux)”, it uses only default value (“bash”) when sending the query to endpoints.

WebUI interface is in French, I don’t know if it has an impact. I looked for a way to change WebUI interface language, but didn’t find any…