BigFix WebUI Installation

Hello,
Into my Windows Server 2012 R2 I tried to install WebUI.
Mysql browser is running and got the access.
Actually, I’m lock at the initialization which always failing.

This should be an issue with the port your using, double-check if the ports used by the WebUI is assigned to different applications. I had the same issue and figured out that DataDog was using the same port as WebUI.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I presume this is a Database install (not ETL) so the first installation you can unfortunately get things wrong with a parameter and it will show this.

Take a look at this documentation and see if you entered everything correctly on the fixlet. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSTK87_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.webui.doc/WebUI/Admin_Guide/c_before_running_fixlet_2556___i.html

There is another fixlet that can change the credentials so if you did something wrong you can try running that again.

If not, please contact support and raise a PMR as there are too many possible things to debug here. The activation of WebUI on an existing server can take a while but if this is constant there is something wrong. The support person will need to see the logs in the BESWebUI/WebUI/logs directory. There will also be information there if you want to see what is wrong as well.

1 Like