BigFix User Meetup - Nov 5, 2014

This topic is for discussion, notes, feedback, and pictures from the BigFix User Meetup.

This is great!!! FINALLY FORUM.BIGFIX IS BACK

4 Likes

Hooray! Can we get jessewk and ben_kus to make some guest appearances? :wink:

6 Likes

Where is the post-party?

3 Likes

This looks like a lot of fun… Where do the meetups take place?

@renehasp it varies – this one is at the IBM office in Emeryville, CA.

We will make sure we do a good job of advertising future meetups on this forum. =)

I’m from New Jersey, Do you have any East Coast meetups or any type of webex offering for east coaster to join the west coast meetups?

We have remote access info available here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/bay-area-bigfix-user-meetup-tickets-13320035585

We’re nearing the end of the day but there’s one session left if you want to hop on.

Sorry about the lack of advertisement on this outside of the Bay Area. We’ll do better next time.

1 Like

Thanks @Lisa, IBM-ers, and to all the customers who made this meetup possible!

2 Likes

Also I think the sessions were recorded and folks were taking notes too, so I think at some point we’ll make those available for people that weren’t able to attend.

1 Like

Nice!! New forum is great!

Thank you all for attending, presenting, helping here are links to Content I have right, I am working getting permission to post other slides i have. Also for presenters who attended if they can post their presentations that would be great. I have recordings I hope to make available soon.

Pictures
StacyLee-IntroBigFixUserMeetup
StacyLee-Tips from the Farm
BrianKatyl-CustomDomain/TreeView
JeremyTavan_AdamTodd-BigFix_EMET
JayStamps-DeviceIdentification

2 Likes

Had a great time at this year’s BigFix User Meetup!

Here is our presentation:
UCSF-ServiceNow_and_BigFix

2 Likes

Hi Rene, There’s a user’s group meeting planned in Charlotte for December 3rd, you can email Daniel Paquette for more info: danpaquette@us.ibm.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if the event will be streamed?

I didn’t hear any details about it being streamed but talked with Dan briefly and he said it was going to coupled with a relevance training class and a user group portion added as an extra 2 hours. I didn’t hear of the specific agenda items and it would be nice if Dan or someone can post or make a sticky post as details and other users meetups take place.

Would it make sense for me to create a “User Group” category? Then we could have a post for each user group and I could sticky something at the top of that category that detailed the user group calendar.

2 Likes