ENDED: BigFix User Group Meeting 2015 - Emeryville,CA

Info from the meeting itself: ENDED: BigFix User Group - Emeryville Oct. 22/2015

There is going to be a BigFix User Group Meeting on October 22, 2015 at the IBM office in Emeryville, CA.

The meeting will be from 8am to 5pm Pacific. Lunch will be provided. There is no cost to attend.

There are tentative plans to do meet-ups at night on the 21st and 22nd for those that are coming in from out of town early / in the area / staying after.

RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bigfix-user-group-meeting-tickets-18367663175

Location & Parking Info: https://drive.google.com/a/berkeley.edu/file/d/0B2-gVRbVkE7ISy1uSjBOLW1xWEU/view

Check back here as I will update this post with more information over time.

Tentative Agenda

###Time Topic Presenter Company
8:00 AM R e g i s t r a t i o n / B r e a k f a s t
9:00 AM Introduction and Welcome Stacy Lee Stanford
9:20 AM Mini-Key Note Kari Dimler, Director IBM
9:30 AM BigFix Roadmap Ashwin Manekar IBM
9:45 AM Patching Servers Frank Cruson Costco
10:15 AM M o r n i n g B r e a k
10:30 AM BigFix and ServiceNow Michael Kearns UCSF
11:00 AM BigFix Customizations John Golembiewski IBM
11:15 AM Migration and Upgrade Stories Stacy Lee, Jeremy Tavan Stanford
12:00 PM L u n c h / N e t w o r k i n g
1:00 PM Developer.BigFix.com Brian Green IBM
1:30 PM Creative Cloud Clifton Hom UC Berkeley
2:00 PM WebUI Now and Beyond Aaron Bauer, Dexter Liu IBM
2:30 PM REST API, Online Communities James Stewart UC Berkeley
3:15 PM A f t e r n o o n B r e a k
3:30 PM IBM Developer Round Table Alan McClachlan, Daniel Hwang, IBM
Dexter Liu, Brian Green, Liz Thi
4:30 PM Customer experience story Andrew Laurence UC Irvine
5:00 PM Breakout Sessions
5:30 PM Wrap up Announcements Networking
6:00 PM A f t e r P a r t y: H o t I t a l i a n

10 Likes

I plan to present on one of my more recent uses of the REST API. This will in some ways build on top of my Interconnect 2015 presentation, but will not be any of the same content. I will go over a single use case from start to finish.

You can see the slides from my Interconnect 2015 presentation here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1pME28wdjkzj9378py9QjFyMOyOHcamB6bk4k8z-c-r0/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hi,

I am from IBM India, would like to attend this meeting, could you please help me how to attend and what is the procedure, if there is any approval required and the cost involved.

Appreciate your reply.

1 Like

This is primarily meant for customers / users of the product.

I’m really not sure about IBM employees attending the meeting and how that works.

You would likely need to talk to your supervisor and those at IBM in the Emeryville office about this.

Hello… I’m a shiny brand new user group member and would like to attend the October 22 meeting in Emeryville. Is there a signup/rsvp page I should go to, or will I automatically receive an email with more information as it comes up? Thanks…

2 Likes

We don’t have an RSVP page yet, but I think that will be coming soon. We wanted to announce this ASAP as a sort of save the date.

1 Like

Hi,

Will be there live streaming?

1 Like

Live Streaming is not planned currently. That could change, but not likely.

Sounds awesome. I should be able to go.

2 Likes

+1 for streaming the meeting

2 Likes
  • 1 for live streaming. If that isn’t possible a video capture would be a second choice. It wouldn’t be as interactive but would still be good.

I think just audio capture would be easiest, then maybe audio+video. Streaming is definitely the most difficult.

Here is the RSVP link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bigfix-user-group-meeting-tickets-18367663175

Please Plan to capture video as well , it will be beneficial for all of the bigfix users

That may be true, but at this current point in time there are not plans to capture anything, but this is something we will discuss.

Personally I would prefer a high quality audio recording over a low quality audio+video recording, particularly if the slides are available to go along with the audio.

I would love for it to be captured somehow and possibly a conference call. I will open my uberconference bridge. max 99 callers( told free or online) for this. It also has the option to record audio.

Peter

IMO, capturing the event needs to be a priority. It just doesn’t seem like a reasonable thing to do to amass this much intellectual capital on the product and not capture the information being presented for those unable to attend as well as for future reference.

I agree capturing the event should be a priority. I never meant to suggest it wasn’t, but that doesn’t mean it will be captured.

Is an audio only recording acceptable if Audio+Video can’t be done? I’m much more curious about the opinion there and the degree to which video capture is desired, particularly if the slides+audio are available.

There is also an added complexity to clearing recording will all of the presenters, and then the complexity of turning the recording on and off depending on the presenter.

Also, this is a Community User Group meeting being organized primarily by volunteers, hosted by IBM in this case, but not always.

I think the slide+audio would more than suffice, with the less attractive option of audio only. At least for myself, video isn’t really necessary, more so screen capture of what the presenter is showing (if possible.)

I can certainly understand the complexity of this situation given the volunteer effort being put in, and how some individuals may want their information private and/or not reproduced.

Thanks for sharing this information and looking forward to the content being presented, particularly the IBM Roadmap. Our shop still has a lot of inhibitions with this product and it will be great to understand the expected growth to come.

1 Like