Bigfix server Migration to new server

Hi,

We are migrating current 9.1 Bigfix server to a new server 9.5 using new masthead file with same hostname as old server(only IP address change)

We have performed below operations till now:
1-Configured 9.5 server using new masthead file.
2-All the Fixlets, Tasks are migrated from 9.1
3-LDAP integrated and Operators are created
4-All the external/Custom/Operator sites are created and subscriptions are configured same as 9.1 environment

5-Roles are migrated from 9.1
6-Computer groups are migrated from 9.1
7-For client installation we have created a package that will uninstall 9.1 client and install 9.5 using new masthead and will deploy region wise through our old server.

Please let me know if we are missing something here.

Though new server has the same host name but masthead key file is changed so you need to perform endpoint migration task to migrate all the relays & endpoint to new instance.

In one pair of relays first you need to move one relay to new instance using below steps

Remove relay & client component completely
Install client on that machine using new masthead file
install relay via install relay task from console
Once relay is configured on new instance then migrate the endpoints from old instance to new instance using fixlets available in the below link.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Switch%20Actionsite%20Masthead%20using%20Relays

Once all the endpoints are migrated from that relay group then move the secondary relay also to new instance. You need to follow the same steps for remaining relays and endpoints.

1 Like

As part of migration to a new master server what would be the strategy to migrate a relay, and it’s connected agents, that are firewalled.

i.e the agents can only talk to that Relay and the Relay then has a firewalled route through to the Master. How do I preserve the connectivity from those currently connected agents to the Relay after I remove\install a new client\relay on that Relay server (hope this makes sense :-))

Your best bet is to install a new BESRelay for the new BigFix environment in the protected vLAN/segment and then migrate the actionsite.afxm/masthead.afxm from old to new. The addition of the BESRelay for the new environment in the protected vLAN should make your migration go more smoothly.