BigFix requirements using Carbon Black integration

Hi

Does the Carbon Black integration demand licens for specific parts of BigFix (Patch, Compliance etc) ?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Compliance was the module you needed to be able to remediate vulnerable computers. The API calls that are needed for that exist within the BigFix Compliance module along with the dashboard for managing the vulnerabilities.

I’m unsure as to the extent of continued development here, but perhaps @Aram could comment on that.

There are some requirements depending on which integration you are referring to. As mhayden suggests, the integration with Carbon Black Response requires BigFix Compliance for the use case around remediation of identified vulnerabilities.

May I ask which integration are you asking about?

Hi Aram

Thanks for helping out.

For now I am not sure, we are in the process of finding out, how this integration can help our security department to maintain their Carbon Black infrastructure.

We have different types of licenses for different groups of servers, so what we want to know for now is, which parts of the Carbon Black integration can we offer, if we have :

Inventory license
Patch license
Compliance license

Can you say more about the concern/question mhayden raised about continued development.

If you’re primary use case is managing and maintaining Carbon Black Agents, you would not need entitlements for BigFix Compliance or Inventory.

As to continued development, it must be noted that the integration content in question is provided and supported by Carbon Black, not by BigFix/HCL.