BigFix Report on Analysis now showing "Not Activated"

(imported topic written by curth)

I created a BigFix Web Report on an analysis. The report showed up just fine. Exactly what I wanted. A few weeks later, I modified the associated Analysis in the BigFix Console to add additional properties. When I went back to the BigFix Web Report for this analysis, the report no longer works. When I click on it, it shows a status of “Not Activated”. I checked the BigFix console again to ensure the analysis was activated and it was. I tried deactivating the analysis and reactivating it, but that did not help. I have to recreate the report to get it to work again. However, that is not a good solution because I have web links to the old report that now do not work. I have to repoint to the newly created report.

Is there something I am doing wrong here? I am running BigFix v7.2.4.60.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

I have never heard of that before… Maybe clear the web reports cache?

Ben

(imported comment written by curth)

Ben - I did a “Update Cache” from the Database Settings page, but that did not help. How do I clear the web reports cache?

Ben - Nevermind. I did a quick search and found http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=360 which tells how to clear the web reports cache. I cleared the Web Reports Cache using the second method listed in the KB article. I’ll let you know how I make out.

Ben - I tried both methods to clear the Web Reports cache. Neither helped. I know that I can recreate the report, however, the Report ID changes which means I have to update anyone or any other web site using that URL. This is not the first time this has happened. In the past, I just recreated the report, but I figured I should probably see if others have the same issue and if there is a “fix” for it.

Thansk,

Curt