BigFix Remote Control agents version

Hello
Do you know if for BigFix Remote Control agents with lower version than RC server will work?

Hi All,

Any help is highly appreciated,

Regards,
Shaban

It may be easier to answer if you specify versions.

Hello Jason

Remote Control server version 9.1.4, remote control agents 9.0.

Hi Mikke,

We always suggest keeping the version of all components aligned for a better experience and avoid compatibility issues. Keep in mind that mixed versions with a different minor version are not support (9.1.x vs 9.0.x). This means that it might still work but not officially supported. If you upgraded the server from 9.0.x to 9.1.4 I suggest you to upgrade the Targets and all other components as soon as possible.

Furthermore bug fixing is only performed on the current version 9.1.4. If something is not working with the previous versions and this can’t be solved by simply changing the configuration then you need to upgrade first to 9.1.4 before we can provide a fix.

Having said that why are you asking this ? Are you experiencing a specific problem ?

Hi @f.pezzotti

Thanks for the explanation. My question is because there’s a projected situation where server would be at v9.1.4 and agents at 9.0. I think this explanation of yours will be of help.