BigFix Relevance Language vs Linux Native Commands

I need to know the underlined commands that Relevance Language uses to get hardware information.
I am developing a Fixlet and I need to replace Relevance Commands with Linux native commands.
For example:

Relevance : architecture of operating system
Linux Command : uname -m

both the above commands return the same result. I need to replace all the relevance language in my fixlet with linux native commands.

Is there any helping material where I can find the relation between relevance language and linux commands?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

There really isn’t a direct relationship between relevance and linux (or other) commands. Relevance language does not actually use commands to return data, but rather makes calls to the OS or other objects of interest.

Also, out of curiosity, why would you want to replace relevance commands with Linux commands? We generally would recommend the reverse actually for simplicity, efficiency, and platform agnostic queries.

2 Likes

Thank you @Aram for your quick response.

Yes Relevance is indeed simple and efficient but I need to make my Fixlets independent of Relevance because the BigFix takes too much time to generate the output data while the perl file containing native commands is very faster than BigFix itself.

Can you provide more details on this scenario?

What sort of data are you trying to output, and where/how are you attempting to output it? Is this in an action? And for what use case?

I would not expect that native commands would necessarily be much faster than relevance evaluation.