BigFix Relevance :fixlets which doesnot required restart

Hello All,

Need relevance that can detect fixlets in which restart are not required after deploy, it can added in managed properties.

We need to segregate fixlets which requires restart and does not require restart.

Or can have under Fixlet retrieved properties “Need Restart” and " Doesn’t Need Restart"

Eg
In Site : Patches for Windows : patches does not require restart of computers.
Patches for Windows : patches require restart of computers.

Ashwani,

Managed properties live within the context of an endpoint, not in the context of fixlets or tasks.

You may consider making a filter. Look at the below.

Jared

2 Likes

Thank Jared,

But I had used that as custom filter,

But my requirement is if i select a computer “abc01” , in it " Relevant and Task" when i expand fixlet , then by source severity, then Critical … In that I should get two options “Need Restart” and “No Restart Needed” options.

In that options it should have all fixlets as per options. Is it possible?

As far as I know, that is not possible in the console. You could likely create a web report to list all the fixlets that are relevant for a computer that require a reboot or that do not.

J

1 Like

Hi Jared,

Can you help in creating report ?

So you either have to parse the mime fields or something else like that to actually see the body of the action for the fixlet. I did some digging but didn’t come up with anything. I will keep digging to see if I find it.

J

1 Like