Bigfix Inventory Application Owner Field

I need to have a customizable field added to the “All Metrics” report where I can add the software owner. The same field would be needed for any of the metrics reports.

Hi! Customizable fields for All Metrics are high on BigFix Inventory Develpment priority list, so likely they will be included in one of the next BigFix Inventory quaterly updates. Btw, let me ask, apart from providing the name of software owner, are there more fields, and how many of them would be useful for you ?
Regards, Bogdan

That is great news that this functionality will be available soon! As far as more fields, maybe one more for engineer responsible for the software. Or another suggestion is Application Team Owner and Owner Contact. Although, just adding one field for application owner will be a big help.

This is what my manager suggested:

Area (instead of owner team)
Owner (leader of the area for example, Manisha, Heidi, Janet…)
Owner e-mail
Technical Contact (this would be someone that the owner might assign)
Technical Contact email
Renewal Date (this could be general like Annually – March or could be a specific date… open to ideas)

Another thought that we had was to tie in contract security with owner. If someone is the owner of software then they would be able to modify contract data for that software. This would allow individual software owners to maintain their own contracts rather than having to have one central contract manager which ends up being me.

Thanks again for your feedback! From the message you send, seems that it would be better to focus on relatively large number of relatively short fields, to let the user filter and sort products based on those fields, rather than to provide less fields but for bigger contents.
Custom fields likely will be configurable, with possibility to decide on field type and length, but the design must take performance into consideration.
I appreciate the idea of distribution of permission to update thresholds to owners of software, however at the moment I do not know how to tie in thresholds/contracts with BigFix Inventory users. Not saying it’s not possible just do not have good solution yet.
Regards, Bogdan