Bigfix Feature Roadmap

I am using Bigfix Inventory 9.2.7, and I am trying to create inventory reports for all products to provide to our managers. I am running into issues that prevent the completion of this task. Some of those issues are as follows.

1. Modifying and maintaining contracts in the current contract management area is difficult because there is no query ability, and no way to make bulk changes. If I want to add an owner to each of 200 contracts, it is going to take days.
  2. It would be nice to be able to maintain all contracts by setting thresholds on the All Metrics page, but All Metrics does not calculate the metric quantity for many of the metrics especially installed seats.

I think these issues are going to be address, but is there a roadmap for enhancements with an estimated timeline?

Suggest putting in an request for enhancement (RFE) over here:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

You can use the REST API to make bulk changes to Contracts in BigFix Inventory. Documentation is here: REST API for import of contracts. Using the command line tool cURL, you can use a CSV file as your data source.

I agree that the query capability is still needed. However, if you are managing the Contract list in Excel so you can import changes via cURL (as above), this may be less important.

Starting in version 9.2.5, IBM added support for the Install Seats license metric. Documentation for this is here: Reported license metrics and License metric utilization.

I believe the Threshold and Threshold Delta columns are not visible by default, and need to be added to the All Metrics report via report customization (gear icon).

1 Like