BigFix Endpoints Showing Offline

Some of the Endpoints in BigFix showing offline whereas there corresponding Relay Servers to which they are communicating are online.

Also from the BigFix Logs of Endpoints, successfully synchronized with the Parent Relay and also the message “Report Posted Successfully” is there in the Endpoints even then not showing with current date and time in BigFix Console. And also able to telnet at port 52311 from these endpoints to Parent Relay Servers.

In your console preferences - Try clearing the cache. Close and then relaunch the console.

I’ve seen this where the console cache gets corrupt and doesn’t update it’s view from the database. Another test is target an empty (custom) action at the endpoint or endpoints and see if you see the notification in the client log.

Thanks Dan for your response.

I have cleared the Cache as well even then problem exists. After Cache cleared and we re-login into the Console how much time it takes to reflect the correct Last Report Time.

I am not able to understand everything working fine in the backend, like telnet working fine, to the Parent Relay, Root SErver as well telnet working fine for localhost then why this issue coming.

Please help me out if something else can be done to resolve this issue.

Hello Sachin,

Did you try sending out the blank custom action to all the endpoints?

Regards,
Divya

Divya,

I have done all the steps

Blank Action
Cleared the Cache
Checked the Telnet and Log Files

Did the blank action show up in the client log then? You were unclear on that.

Regardless, please open a Severity 2 case with support.

2 Likes

Dan,

Issue resolved actually the problem was with FillDB Log. So followed the below steps as per Support Ticket raised and it worked:

Stopped the FillDb Service
Renamed the FillDB log
Then Started again the FillDB Service.