Bigfix DSA Replication Issue

Hello Team,
I have tried to configure DSA server in one environment but it is failing to connect to the Primary Server .

1. Telnet on port 52311 , 1433 is working bi-directional between Primary & Secondary Servers .
  2. From Sencondary Server able to connect to Primary Server DB using Management Studio - Vise - Versa.
  3. On Secndary Server , console is not able to launch and it gives error as unable to connect to DB.
  4. Replication Graph shows Red in colour in both the Servers .

FillDB error-
Replication connection attempt failed for server ‘MXXXXXXX.nixt.domain.com’: Database Error: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user ‘Nixt\MXXXXXXX$’

Has any one faced such issue ? Your expertise would be appreciated
Thank you so much in Advance!
Vishnu

1 Like

is the account BigFix is using to access the database the same account on both SQL Instances?

It looks like you’re using a computer account (LocalSystem will authenticate as DOMAIN\computername$).

That can be made to work, but requires some setup. On the Domain, you should create a group containing both DSA servers’ computer objects. On each SQL server, ensure this group has the “Access this computer from the network” right in Local Security Policy. In the SQL Server Management Studio, create a Login for this group and assign it the rights required for DSA database access (which I don’t recall, but I’m pretty sure are documented in the DSA server setup guide).

To test, obtain psexec from www.microsoft.com/sysinternals. Open a command prompt, and then use psexec to open a new command prompt in SYSTEM context -
psexec -s -i cmd.exe
From this SYSTEM command prompt, launch SQL Server Management Studio and ensure you can connect to both SQL servers.

1 Like

Hi Vishnu,
For item#4: u will need to open also 1433 from Pri-BES Server to Sec-DB and Sec-BES Server to Pri-DB.

yes , Telnet working Bi-Directional on port 1433 and 52311.

Hi,
check the besroot server service running under this account “MXXXXXXX.nixt.domain.com’” on both server and DBA login also,